If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
CAE NVH engineer will be responsible for vehicle NVH simulations, participate in defining the vehicle architecture from concept to detailed design. Collaborate with other department to deliver vehicle performance, packaging and mass optimization.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Full vehicle NVH model building and maintain models including TBiW / Suspension / Powertrain / Steering.
- Conduct multiple NVH analyses including, but not limited to, modal analysis / dynamic stiffness analysis / NTF / ACF / TPA for BiW / trimmed body / full vehicle to address noise issues originated from various sources of the vehicles such as PT noise / drive line unbalance / wheel tire unbalance / Road shake and noise.
- Post process the results, identify root-cause of the issues and make design recommendation to meet the highest level of NVH performances for EVelozcity vehicles.
- Define the vehicle structural architecture and support the packaging of key components for optimize the crash performance
- Optimize the structure from concept to detailed design for mass and NVH performance
- Evaluate the body structure stiffness and dynamic stiffness, trim body in white and perform acoustic sensitivity studies
- Support mass evaluations, trade and concept studies
- Support component, sub-systems and vehicle testing to correlate the CAE model
- Collaborate with vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of the model
- Develop specifications of component performance, performed testing and development of vehicle
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 10+ years of CAE NVH experience
- Highly skilled in “hands on” NVH development
- First-hand experience on developing vehicle structure from concept to launch
- Strong understanding of physical hardware and its CAE representation
- Proven expertise in structural and vibro-acoustic analysis methods such as Modal Alignment / NTF / ACF / TPA and FEA tools such as NASTRAN / Optistruct / HyperMesh / NVH Director / HyperView / ANSA / META or equivalents
- Experience of Test-Simulation correlation in the component / sub-system / vehicle level NVH models
- Understanding of various BiW manufacturing process and NVH design best practices
- 15+ years of CAE NVH experience
- Experience but not limited to steel and aluminum structure
- Design and development of component and sub-system tests
- Team building and mentoring experience
- Provide characteristics or other information that the successful candidate should have e.g.
- Creative mindset
- High attention to detail
- Design from scratch
- Collaboration and Communication skill
EVELOZCITY is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.