If you're intrigued by the dream of working
alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the
EV space, EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is
irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing
something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into
production? Here at EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one
before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the
world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's
who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special
mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking
for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a
“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks
within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read
As an Engineer within EVelozcity’s Exterior Trims Team you will be responsible for design from concept to production, release and launch of components, systems and sub-systems for future vehicle programs.
You will be a key player within the team that creates and executes world-class exteriors in terms of craftsmanship, form & function.
Exterior Trim components and subsystems include, but are not limited to:
- Front & Rear Fascia’s
- Cowl Top
- Door Claddings
- Underbody parts
- Side View Mirror
- Closure Mechanisms
- Other Appliques
As part of EVelozcity’s Vehicle engineering team you are responsible to design and release Exterior Trim components and subsystems. Responsibilities include:
- Concept Engineering & feasibility
- Packaging & layout within vehicle architecture
- Design Exterior Trim system targets for craftsmanship, function, cost and weight.
- Participate in the process with Design / Studio department
- Detail Design including GD&T
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
- Work with suppliers to develop component and sub-system to meet all weight, cost and performance requirements cost, durability, and performance targets and to support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Automotive engineering experience with components in the Exterior Trim environment, using CATIA V5 / V6.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience on Side View Mirrors systems.
- Experience on Mechanisms is a plus.
- Experience designing a variety of materials.
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
- Familiarity with the specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.