If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job" but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Canoo is looking for a top performing Closures Weather Strip Sealing Engineer to look after the design, development and launch of vehicles closures sealing systems for the new vehicles we are bringing to market.
· Design and development of Closures Sealing Systems
· Development of alternative engineer solutions to support design themes
· Working with cross-functional teams (Studio, Manufacturing, BIW, CIW) to develop efficient designs and leading the integration of interfacing components.
· Designing system to meet all NVH, dirt and water management targets for the vehicle
· Supplier sourcing and management
· Developing DFMEA, DVP&Rs and GD&T documentation
· Managing deliverables for all program milestones
· Support testing and launch activities
You are someone who:
· Has experience developing closures sealing systems from initial concept through launch
· Has knowledge of BIW construction
· Has experience with extrusion and mold design
· Has experience developing complex 3D CAD
· Works well in a team environment and under pressure to develop optimal solutions
· Associate Degree with 10+ years industry experience
· Min 5 years designing of Closures Sealing Systems
· CAD Capability: 5+ years Catia V5/V6 experience
What's Cool About Working Here...
· Four months paid primary care giver leave
· Flexible PTO
· Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
· Beautiful new facility in Torrance
· Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
· Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
· A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.