If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are looking for an eager, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team!
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a variety of supplier agreements, including but not limited to master agreements, statements of work, consulting agreements, NDA's, intellectual property and technology contracts, and other service agreements
- Identify risks inherent in contract terms and develop solutions to complex problems that mitigate risk and promote successful contract execution
- Lead contract negotiations on complex transactions to support the business in meeting its goals and protecting the company's interests
- Work with other members of the legal department and members of senior management to develop and refine key company policies and procedures
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials from an accredited law school
- Membership in good standing of the California State Bar (or Registered in-house counsel – willing to accommodate a relocation)
- 4+ years of transactional experience in a law firm or in-house environment
- Outstanding writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of business issues and challenges
- Flexibility to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate succinctly in writing and draft correspondence relating to business and legal matters
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness and desire to take on new challenges – identify a need and find and carry out a solution.
- Positive attitude and a desire to be part of a strong, supportive team
- 6+ years of transactional experience in a law firm or in-house environment
- Experience with the automotive industry and in particular large OEM's
- Regulatory background
- Knowledge and expertise in one or more specialized areas of law such as privacy, tax, intellectual property, or other areas applicable in a corporate law department
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
*Relocation support available to candidates outside of local area
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.