If you're intrigued by the dream of working
alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the
EV space, EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is
irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing
something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into
production? Here at EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one
before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the
world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's
who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special
mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking
for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a
“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks
within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read
On the battleground between world class design and perfection in engineering you are the negotiator – your job is to enable our vision with as little compromise to either Design, Engineering or Usability. You are an excellent diplomat, with fantastic spoken and written communication skills, able to quickly and efficiently explain technical concepts to colleagues of various backgrounds. You have an absolute passion for design and pushing the automotive industry to where the electric vehicle revolution will allow it to go.
The ideal candidate should be able to
- Provide guidance to Design and Engineering on interior and exterior feasibility
- Create master sections to accelerate the development process
- Have a good understanding of automotive component packaging requirements across all departments
- Provide guidance to Design on dynamic systems, such as glass drop, closures sweeps, wheel travel, and their effect on associated geometry, cutlines and craftmanship
- Identify manufacturing strategies that enable design vision, as well as advise Design on considerations required for common automotive manufacturing processes
- Develop prototypes, bucks and fixtures utilizing hand and rapid manufacturing methods
- Utilize CAD (preferably Catia V6) to review, create and organize information from and for Design and Engineering
- Advise on homologation requirements for both ECE, FMVSS and GB standards, including but not limited to Lighting, Vision, Exterior Projections, Safety
- Occupant Packaging including basics of ergonomics, such as reach, comfort clearances, visual obscuration, direct and indirect vision, ingress/egress, cargo requirements and loading. Knowledge of packages such as RAMSIS or OPTIS are a plus.
- Lead benchmarking activities in order to ensure targets are competitive/class leading
- Understand and advise on program management for engineering & design activities, such as timing for prototype builds, production tooling etc.
- 4 Years Design Studio experience at an OEM
- 6 Years Relevant Automotive experience
- Highly Proficient in Catia V5 (Catia V6/3D Experience preferred)
- 4 Year Higher Education Qualification in a relevant field (Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design, Automotive Design)
- Great knowledge of automotive landscape, particularly as it pertains to Electric Vehicles
EVELOZCITY is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.